ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING DESIGNER AT CODELUMEN
If you are dedicated and ambitious, CodeLumen is an excellent place to grow your career. More than a student or an employee, we are looking for a new leader to join our family. A highly motivated individual with passion for learning new things. An individual that would like to join our dream of revolutionizing the lighting industry through innovation and technology.
CodeLumen is a New York City-based lighting company focused on awesome energy-efficient LED lighting fixtures and projects while contributing towards achieving zero-carbon energy around the planet. With the use of our high-tech platform, we provide direct-supply lighting fixtures to projects increasing efficiency, productivity, and thus providing cost/time-saving for the lighting industry.
Ability to create, design, and deliver lighting projects through our in-house-developed lighting platform in collaboration with the rest of the CodeLumen team. The individual will have real-world exposure to the lighting industry and will have the opportunity to create lighting projects for both the USA and Latin American markets. The individual shall work closely with the CodeLumen sales team on a wide variety of local and
international projects. Potentially, the work will be done 80% of the time at home office and 20% of the time in person.
The main goal is to develop and optimize the process and quality of the lighting projects delivered through our lighting platform.
• International exposure to the USA and Latin American markets.
• Competitive variable salary in USD.
• Opportunity to join the team in a full-time position after graduation (if still in college).
• A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree candidate OR graduate in Architecture or relevant field.
• Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in Architecture and Lighting.
• Proactive. Anticipates acts and follows up.
• Responsible. Takes ownership of multiple projects/tasks from beginning to end.
• Analytical Thinking. Great technical and problem-solving skills.
• Creative Thinking. Intuition and able to provide out-of-the-box ideas.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Capable of sharing expectations about project milestones and deadlines, keep
information transparent and flowing in office and on teams.
• Emotional Intelligence. Capable of seeing things from different perspectives before acting while things are going great and not too great.
Brings practical decisions to the table instead of romantic decisions. Drama free.
POSSIBLE-RESPONSABILITIES & DUTIES:
(A SELECTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE ASSIGNED DEPENDING ON THE INDIVIDUAL’S PROFILE):
• Work with our team to brainstorm new and innovative strategies to deliver and optimize projects.
• Effective collaboration with customer’s architect, interior designer, general contractor, electrician, etc.
• Lighting Project Development through our lighting platform:
o Lighting design
o Project take-off
o Photometric analysis
o Lighting fixture specification
o Value-engineered existing lighting fixture schedules
o Elaboration of product technical and installation sheets
o Energy-efficiency reports
• Product design (R&D)
- Entrepreneurship - Technology - Lighting - Product Design - Construction - Branding - Art
- AGI 32 - DIALux - Visual 3D Lighting - Autodesk Revit - CalcuLux - WIX - Adobe Illustrator
- AutoCAD - Revit - Sketch-Up - 3D Studio Max - V-Ray - Adobe Photoshop - Rhino
Having enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a sense of humor is important.
Please email us at if you are interested in joining us.