Project Organization and Management (Platform)
510,000 total square feet
5,451 total lighting fixtures
Provide energy-efficient decorative and commercial lighting packages for the entire $90M redevelopment of the Butler Brothers Building.
The Butler Brothers Building was built in 1911 as a warehouse and distribution center for Butler Brothers. Almost a century ago, the Butler Brothers company, originating from Chicago, was one of the largest wholesalers in the USA. According to the historical archives of the Dallas Public Library, the Butler Brothers Building was redesigned in 1932 and renamed the Merchandise Mart of the Southwest. Almost 20 years later, in 1953, it became the Dallas Merchandise Mart, playing a major role in the Dallas fashion industry.
The building’s original design incorporated Gothic and Romanesque Revival styles, but in 1960 it was covered in stucco. In 2012, when the building was purchased by the international developer Alterra Worldwide, the plan was to fully restore the building’s exterior. Unfortunately, during the installation